Thursday, December 11, 2008

M. Knight

We are excited to show you some prints now available for sale by one of the illest shooters in San Antonio, Tx non-other than M. Knight.

(The words of Matthew Knight)

There are so many places I get inspiration. My photography comes from following lines to find shape to arrive at composition. I mean, that like many other artists, I find inspiration in many places, from the lines of a shoe to the emptiness of urban landscapes. While I do shoot digitally, I think that patience plays a huge role in my work. Waiting for the elements to come together for a good composition is key! Pressing the shutter to make the image is the last thing I do... watching and waiting come first. I first started shooting in the 5th grade. My parents got me a disc camera.... long been discontinued, but fun while I had it. From there I shot off and on until 10th grade where I began to take it more seriously. It wasn't till I was out of high school and my mother passed away that I decided I wanted to study Art, photography in particular.







His work can also be seen at Afront in Houston, TX and Goodtimes skateshop in San Antonio, TX.

For his services: matthew.knight@mac.com